Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Yankee Trivia Question!

Boy, was this hard. Google and Wikipedia make the most obscure baseball questions easy to answer in about two seconds. Just google or wikipedia the player's name and you've got your answer, whether it's the three pitchers Reggie homered off in the World Series, who made the last out in the game that Bucky Dent homered off Boston, etc. etc. So I've gone pop culture on you.

Everyone knows that the Yankees got Babe Ruth from Boston because the Boston owner wanted to fund his Broadway musical No, No Nanette. Actually, everyone knows that ISN'T true since that show didn't hit Broadway until 1925, five years after Ruth was traded in 1920.

The big hit from the show was the standard "Tea For Two," a song given a swinging jazz version by the great Anita O'Day in one of my favorite concert films of all time. What is the name of that film and what is the OTHER jazz standard that she swung so terrifically in that movie? Sorry this isn't strictly baseball related but I wanted to make it just a little more difficult than just a question of speed.

Good luck and the first person to post the correct answer as determined by me wins the prize.

16 comments:

Michael in New York said...

Omigosh, the tension is killing me!

Michael in New York said...

I know the answer but I'm pretty sure I'm not eligible.

Michael in New York said...

My brother David is eligible, however, since he didn't provide the question. But he's in a car and can't go online at the moment, so he's angry at me.

Anonymous said...

Jazz on a Summer's Day

"Get Out of Town"

??

Michael in New York said...

Close.

Anonymous said...

Live in Tokyo 1963?

Michael in New York said...

Nope. Getting colder.

Anonymous said...

Jazz on a Summer's Day

Sweet Georgia Brown

Michael in New York said...

Winner! No one else could handle the pop cultural spin on this. Congratulations. email me with your mailing address and the Yankeeography will be on its way to you in time for Christmas or Hannukah or Kwanzaa or winter solstice or whatever it is you celebrate.

Anonymous said...

That was tough but I knew that my unfailing determination combined with a complete and utter lack of competition would eventually prevail.

Michael in New York said...

Not so. My brother david had the movie name but couldn't figure out the song and just called me to curse you out.

Michael in New York said...

Still waiting for Joe's complete name and mailing address. Doesn't he want to thrust the boxed set into the face of everyone else and say, "na-na-na-na-na-naaaaaa!"?

Anonymous said...

Ok just sent to your pipeline address.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

BULLSHIT!!!

Everyone knows the answer was Andy Stankiewicz.

Michael in New York said...

Close, Dasnootz. Do you know my brother David?

Anonymous said...

Can we ever really 'know' somebody?
Think that over while you send out my DVD set.

Off Topic - my word verification for this post was fngtupc...
Do wee need any more evidence that Tupac Shakur is alive? He now ghost writes word verification codes for blogspot.